This recent report commissioned by Mighty Networks, a digital community platform, makes about a thousand KILLER points about the creator economy and how you can act today to shape a better future for us all.
You've probably seen a LOT of headlines about the future of the creator economy, but if you look closely, those trend predictions tend to focus on A. how things are already trending and B. with brands and partnerships at the center of growth.
This report feels fresh to us because:
- They're taking on (and taking down) the platforms
- They're taking their notes directly from creators
- They're all about owning your audience
- They care about the financial and mental health of creators
- They suggest solutions you can start using TODAY
We really just want you to read the whole thing, below, but just in case, here are a few of our TLDR takeaways:
The 3 Challenges Creators Today Are Facing:
- They're hitting a glass ceiling
- They're tapped out of time and energy
- The financial gains they have made feel precarious
The 4 Characteristics of The New Creator Class:
- They own, they don’t rent.
- They go niche, not broad.
- They cultivate communities, not audiences.
- They build network effects, not content conveyor belts.
The 3 Possible Pathways Forward:
Scenario #1: Combos and Partnerships Continue to Dominate
Scenario #2: Fully Integrated Tools Pick Up Momentum
Scenario #3: Giant Social Platforms Swallow Everything
Read the full report: